As a Senior Engineering Supervisor, you will lead a dedicated team of Engineers and Technicians within the Manufacturing Engineering Group. Your primary focus will be to strategically plan and execute various aspects of the Engineering sub-team's activities to achieve business objectives across multiple Production areas. Your expertise will drive improvements in product quality, operational efficiency, and product unit performance. You will also ensure the implementation of Engineering and Manufacturing best practices to optimize efficiency.
- Provide effective leadership to the Engineering team, guiding them towards achieving business goals.
- Develop and implement strategies to enhance product quality, operational efficiency, and overall performance.
- Execute capital projects, managing time and resource constraints effectively.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with teams including New Product & Technologies, Operations, Quality, and Customer Operations to ensure alignment with business objectives.
- Drive productivity and cost reduction efforts through Lean and Continuous Improvement programs.
- Lead initiatives to improve yield, overall equipment effectiveness (OEE), lead time, and cost efficiency.
- Mentor and coach team members to contribute to the attainment of business objectives.
- Foster a collaborative culture that emphasizes people engagement and talent development.
- Prioritize and uphold Plant Safety and Health & Safety requirements in all work-related aspects.
- Advocate for compliance with established systems and processes.
- Identify and implement both short and long-term cost reduction and process improvement initiatives using Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing methodologies.
- A Level 8 Degree in Engineering / Science or a related discipline is required. A Master's degree is preferred.
- Ideally, possess 6-8 years of direct engineering experience in a similar environment.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills, along with in-depth functional and operational expertise.
- Proven ability to cultivate a high-performing team with strong leadership and people management skills.
- Display innovation-driven leadership to encourage experimentation and responsible risk-taking.
- Effective collaboration and influencing skills across various levels and functions within the organization.
- Ability to generate innovative ideas and provide an environment conducive to experimentation.
For further information on this role please contact Danielle Quinn on 086 044 9371 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Match my CV
We take the hard work out of finding you a new job. Simply upload your CV (or call us) and we’ll get hunting for you!